New Year Goals
Happy New Year everyone!
It is CRAZY to think how it is 2021 and we are off to start a new year! In a way nothing much has changed, but perhaps it is more our MINDSET has reset to start the year fresh.
I have learned over the years to NOT set resolutions. In a way I always seem to fail with them well before the year ends. But I AM a goal setter. Someone who likes to strive to grow with goals with results that will push me to become a better person. So I have been thinking what would be a great way to kick off the year? (some of these have affiliate links which means I get a small percent off of a purchase at no cost to you)
- Hit a 10k step goal every day. Because it means that I have actually MOVED. 10k is not really a solid basis of improved health. It merely shows that I got off my butt and did some activity. I am working on this in 30/31 day intervals. (Did you know you can be rewarded to exercise too? I’ve already gotten several Amazon gift cards through this) If you use my referral link we can BOTH score points!
- Cello Challenge 1: So I have decided to try out Cassia Harvey’s Finger Exercises book. This is for cellists of ALL levels. I will start in her level 1 book and go through it. If you’d like to join in with me then be sure to go purchase her book and follow along! I will be documenting my journey mainly through my Instagram but will put updates here and on my Youtube as well.
- Journey through Schroeder Etudes: Have you been seeing my Youtube journey through the Schroeder etudes? Due to some video issues I took a short break at the end of the year since I have to re-record a couple, but I am working through the etudes with my own twist. I always talk about metronome work but it doesn’t have to be a boring metronome. So I have been trying to put a neat rhythm track to help me stay steady AND put a new spin to it. Get yourself a copy of Schroeder and give these a try! Many are definitely ones suited for beginners as well. I’m still only in Book 1!
- Better meal planning: We all have our fun little side hobbies~ for me? I love cooking and trying out new recipes. If there is a kitchen gadget out there, I’m usually all 🙋🏻♀️ But once a full schedule of teaching starts up there is less time and less planning. But if I am going to go on a better health better life kick then it all starts in the kitchen. So? I’ll have a better meal outlook going forward. I am also trying to re-start my Fixate program. It is a lot of work, but hey if you see results it’s worth it right? Baby steps.
- Put on a mini-concert: So with everything that has been going on a lot of my concerts have been cancelled etc, but that shouldn’t stop me from growing and putting on my OWN concerts. I haven’t decided if this will be in the form of Twitch streams, or just a Zoom/live thing. But I am shooting for a late spring concert.
- More lives: So this means more livestreams. Is it Youtube? IG? FB? Twitch? I haven’t decided yet. But I will shoot for at least 1 live stream a month. Join my list to always be notified when the live stream happens!
I know there are more, but I can’t seem to put them to words at this time. But hey the year is only starting and there is plenty of time to keep pushing forward. If you are feeling unmotivated be sure to take a moment to just sit and brainstorm (brain dump however you word it) all the feelings, ideas, thoughts, random things onto paper. Through that you can sort out what else is inspiring you….or perhaps holding you back.
There is no right, wrong, or behind.
There is only moving forward.
I am rooting for you! Let’s tackle this new year!